Home Care Aide Training Library
Don’t miss the opportunity to take advantage of this new way of providing Aide education. Now YOU can create your calendar for training when it works best for you and your aides.
Use these sessions to meet your training requirements. It is the responsibility of the home care company to determine if each workshop meets the specific requirements of its aides. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services affirms that these sessions meet the requirements found at 484.36[b] of the Medicare Conditions of Participation and for in-home service companies, these sessions meet the required standard for on-going training of aides.
THE CARING CONNECTION
2015 - 2016 Aide Teleconference Series
July 9, 2015 - June 9, 2015
The Missouri Alliance for Home Care would like to announce our partnership with the Association for Home & Hospice Care of North Carolina to offer our members another avenue for Aide In-Services. MAHC will continue to offer recorded trainings that you will be able to purchase and use at your convenience. In addition MAHC will offer this new Aide Teleconference opportunity once a month. Below you will find the calendar complete with dates and topics. MAHC will send out the registration information a month before each date. We appreciate your continued support of MAHC’s education activities & hope this new opportunity helps meet your Aide In-Service Training needs.
Please Click Here for Brochure.
Overview of Person-Centered Care
Learn the care principles of Person‐Centered Care, how to improve your care giving skills by incorporating person‐centered caring skills into your work, and
how this will create better care for your clients with dementia and other cognitive impairments.
Building Blocks to Success
Recorded August 2012
- Disaster Preparedness and Response Training for the In-Home and Home Health Aide
- Silence Isn't Golden: Mandated Reporting of Elder Abuse
- Words and Actions Matter!
- Early Identification of Depression and Suicidality in Home Bound Patients
- Holiday Stress Management for Home Care Aides
- Diabetes Self-Management Home Support Tools to Support Healthy Independent Living and Reducing Hospital Readmissions
Hands to Help & Hearts that Care
October 2011 - June 2012
- Care of Others - Recognizing Symptoms of Depression and Suicide
- Creating Holiday Magic for People with Dementia
- Year End Refresher
- Traumatic Brain Injury 101: Recognition and Working with Individuals with TBI
- He Just Sits Around All Day
- Arthritis - What's in Your Toolbox?
- Working to the Top of Your Role
- Are You Prepared for the Bariatric Client?
- The Aide's Role with Parkinson's Disease Clients
Changing Lives and Making a Difference
November 2010 - September 2011
- While the Experience of Grief is Universal, Everyone Goes Through it Single File
- When Clients Lose Their Independence
- The Home Care Aide and the Hospice Client
- Have You Ever Crossed the Line?
- Keen Observation and Reporting
- Emergency Care Planning
- Safety On and Off the Job
- Dementia: Understanding Why Behavior Exists, It's Not What You Think
- The Aide's Role with Cardiac and Pulmonary Clients
- Falls, Its All About Them
- Infection Control
Putting the Pieces Together
January 2010 - September 2010
- Elder Abuse: Growing Crime
- The Aides Role in Monitoring and Reporting Pain
- The Dementia Client: Communication and Behaviors
- Caring for the Incontinent and Bed Bound Patient
- Kidney Disease and Dialysis
- The ABC's and 123's of Diabetes Care
- Working with a Difficult and Non-Adherent Client
- Best Friends-Putting the Pieces Together
- You are What You Eat
- October 2012 - Caring for the Client with MS