Scholarship Fund & Application Process
Before submitting your application, please read this important information about the scholarship process.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any home care worker who:
- Is currently employed by a member agency of Missouri Alliance for Home Care
- Has worked actively in home care for a minimum of one year
- Desires to pursue or further advance a home care career in nursing or in therapy
Examples to include but are not limited to:
- Aide to LPN, PTA, OTA
- LPN to RN
- RN to BSN
- BSN to MSN
- PTA or OTA to PT or OT
- PT or OT to Doctorate
- Can show acceptance by or current enrollment in a school of nursing or therapy program
- Is nominated for the scholarship by the administrator or executive officer of his/her employing agency
What is the amount of the scholarship?
- The Scholarship Award is up to $1,000 per recipient per year.
- The Scholarship is generally payable directly to the school and may be applied only to tuition, books, and related educational expenses.
What are the selection criteria for the scholarship?
- Motivation and desire to pursue or further advance a home care career in nursing or therapy
- Worthiness of the applicant, as indicated by the nominator’s statement, as well as any additional support letters submitted with the application
- Priority is given to individuals who have not already received other financial assistance
- Nominees who were not awarded a scholarship are eligible to re-apply the following year
- Recipients may apply for additional year(s) of funding but must demonstrate successful completion of previous course work to be eligible for additional considerations
- Geographical distribution of scholarships may be considered by the Committee
What is the time frame for awarding the scholarship?
- Applications must be received by June 1st of the award year.
- Selection will be determined by the Selection Committee and recipients will be notified promptly. (Confirmation will also be made at that time to assure the nominees remain eligible and are continuing their plan to pursue or advance their home care nursing or therapy education.)
- Public announcement of all awards will be published in the Missouri Alliance for Home Care's newsletter, E-Alliance Extra, in the summer of each year. MAHC member companies may submit an application for one candidate per year.
Additional Scholarship funds may be available from the National Association for Home Care (NAHC) for NAHC member companies. Please contact the MAHC office for further information.
If you have questions related to the above information, you may contact Carol Hudspeth at 573-634-7772 or by email at email@example.com